TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The cross sectional area is not what i was referring to
People Seeking Info

Subject The cross sectional area is not what i was referring to

Posted by ZiNnYc on January 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 783 times.

In Reply To WOW, let me help you with that........ posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on January 22, 2011 at 03:38 PM

Message when im talking about the efficacy of these larger TBs, its the actual length of them. The 58mm and 60mm are undoubtedly larger than the stock 50mm, that is very clear.

When one is running 63.5 mm piping over the course of a few feet, what I was speculating is that the 4-5 inches of 50mm of TB versus 58 or 60 mm TBs wouldnt do much. Again, I have no first hand experience with the actual result, but the aforementioned result was with a reputable source... but it would prove a worthwhile experiment since the TB mod is a few hundred dollars. I was hoping you had a dyno sitting around somewhere that had this data, it seems you have many other dynos at your disposal :) i hope to have this data to you in a few weeks, and I will make sure you get an email with the result.

I wouldnt go with a way larger TB for my streeted Z like the 90mm or even 70mm due to some possible poor resolution at lower RPMs etc, unless you have seen that even these larger TBs are fine using your point of view here?

Forgive me, but I still have trouble seeing the comparison between a smaller TB and these restrictor plates...maybe Im just not meant to understand it :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.